Friday, May 22, 2009

Home Depot

My son, Daniel gave me a $75 gift card for Home Depot for Mother's Day so I could make some of my dreams come true for my garden. I've spent part of it and will be happy to pick out a few plants during my next visit. We bought lumber for raised beds. I've made three raised beds so far. The guy that helped my husband cut the boards gave us a great tip about making raised beds. He said to cover the boards in plastic to protect the wood. My three raised beds are 18 inches high and are 8 feet by 4 feet. I have strawberries planted in one. In the other two raised beds are 16 tomato plants. We have three more to build and I have big plans on adding more raised beds.

I appreciate the expert advise at Home Depot, the great selection, and good prices. I enjoy seeing the possibilities.

No comments: