Friday, May 29, 2009

Jack Bennett

On May 26th my husband and I drove to West Salem to see our grandson, Jack Bennett graduate from kindergarten at Myers Elementary School. We visited his classroom, met his teacher, Mrs. Brewster, and watched the wonderful ceremony. His classroom is full of bright colors and lots of posters to catch your eye to learn on every inch of the walls. It sure looks like a nice school and I had a great time. I loved the songs the children sang when they stood on the risers before receiving their diplomas. One song called "First Grade, First Grade" was sung to the tune of New York, New York. I couldn't hear the words because I was way in the back row in the gym but I knew it was great since I love this tune. I'm proud of Jack and I'm happy that he loves school and loves to read.

No comments: