Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Arizona

Yesterday I talked to a woman who has lived in Arizona when I went to OHSU. She gave me new insight into the summers of Arizona, which I appreciate. She said that summers in Arizona are their winter as they stay inside with the air conditioning but I ask what happens when the power fails? I don't think it's too good. I don't think I'd enjoy 120 degrees without air conditioning.

When I flew over Arizona on my last trip to Ohio to see my son, Daniel, I saw nothing for miles. I didn't see desert sand. I saw endless miles of medium brown barren hills and mountains that looked as if they had been scraped clean of all vegetation. I also thought at the time that it looked like someone had taken brown construction paper crumpled it up and stuck it there for mountains.

I know a lot of people appreciate Arizona. I'm sure it's fine in winter.

No comments: