Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Pink Martini

I LOVE Pink Martini and was sad that I couldn't afford to go up to Portland to see them at the recent concert at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall. I asked my husband to go and buy a CD for our son, Joe, since his birthday is coming up on the 19th. I know he will love them, as I do. Joe writes music. In one six month period, he wrote over 24 songs. He's also a great performer on stage acting or singing so I knew he would appreciate the music excellence. When my husband called on his cell to ask which one to get out of those at Fred Meyer in Corvallis, I said the new one, Live in Concert. I decided that since I didn't get to go to the concert, I wanted one too. I didn't expect to find a DVD instead of a CD. Since we rarely buy CD's or DVD's, I first tried it out in CD players throughout the house thinking it was blank. When I found out it was a DVD and watched their incredible performance live at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, tears streamed down my face for I was there and now I can be there each time I watch.

It's wonderful to see the faces behind the music and see them perform. Their passionate music attracts people all over the world. Trained as classical musicians, their music reaches the highest excellence. I love them. I wish I could travel with the band. It would be fun to meet them.

It would be fun to live in Portland or another large city, IF I could afford it because then I could see Pink Martini, visit the zoo, the art museum and galleries, the science museums, see live theater and Broadway plays. This year Neal Simon plays are being performed in Portland and I have missed out seeing them too.

Buy a Pink Martini CD or DVD the next time you're at the music section at the store.
www.pinkmartini.com

No comments: