Wednesday, June 03, 2009

my novel

I have submitted my novel that I wrote in November for National Novel Writing Month to the self publishing website, Create Space. I have been working on my novel for months revising it. It's not perfect but I was given the opportunity to get a copy of my book free at the Amazon.com website Create Space so I thought I'd do it. I finished it on time by the deadline on June 1. I have the opportunity to publish with Amazon.com, which is a great idea since they are great at marketing. It eliminates my frustrating attempt at standing on my tippy toes waving my hand trying to get noticed and wanted by a book publisher and agent. It allows me to just write and then write more.

I'm going to revise my novel before publishing though. It needs lots of work still. I also want to change my book cover again. I've also decided I need my characters to go to a Pink Martini Concert at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall in Portland. Ideas keep coming so it isn't over or finished until it is finished. My book will probably never be perfect because I'm not perfect. I always see ways to make it better and there are always better ideas and better ways to say things but I have decided to try and get myself out there to live my dreams. My first book is just the beginning. If I keep trying and writing books, my tenth book has to be an improvement. I'm going to publish with Amazon.com this year in 2009!

No comments: