Sunday, June 21, 2009

East Salem News

I recently printed out pages of the East Salem News, a publication I started in Salem, Oregon years ago. It was fun to look with pride over the work that was done showcasing people doing amazing things, smart kids, and events in East Salem. It was a cut and paste tabloid that was given out free. We lived on Crown Court in East Salem at the time and kids in the neighborhood were on staff working with my own kids. We literally typed columns of print and pasted it in place to be printed at Eagle Web Press. I read one letter that I had long forgotten. It was by a professor from the University of Oregon who congratulated our efforts. I am proud of what was accomplished and the work that went into the paper. It was a no frills way to get out the news in the cheapest possible way before self publishing newsletter programs on computers.

No comments: