Saturday, June 27, 2009

Timberhill Athletic Club

I went to Timberhill Athletic Club yesterday. I don't have medical insurance. Instead of paying for medical insurance, I pay for prevention. I think that the money is much better spent on prevention and healthy choices than on insurance that you may not use, especially when I can't afford the several hundred dollars a month or more that it would cost for insurance.

I was in the deep end of the pool for an hour putzing around and on the elliptical runner for an hour. Then I went into the room with the weight machines and went around three times on seven machines. Pretty good for a fat girl.

When you go to Timberhill Athletic Club you are spoiled rotten with all the great athletic equipment, variety of choices, great classes almost every hour in several classrooms, all the pools, the sauna, the steamroom, and hot tubs. It's the best money spent in a month for me, as far as I am concerned. It's almost like heaven being there. It's kind of strange that I should really enjoy exercising but I do. I don't go to socialize. I go to exercise and take care of myself. I'm being selfish when I walk through the door. I love it there. I wish I lived within walking distance so that I could go there every day. It's essential in my life and if people really valued their health, everyone in the Corvallis area would be members and go often. It's the best place for the money in the area. It's huge and spacious.

No comments: