Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Garden

I have big plans for my garden and yard. It will take time, money, an endless supply of manure hay and compost. I've been having fun sculpting the blank canvas that is my yard and garden putting an azalea here and a dianthus there to add color and texture. My main concern is putting in raised beds to grow our own food and to add fruit and nut trees. I want to add lots of blueberry bushes.

I love my new raised beds. I have seven so far and I appreciate all that my husband has done to help me make it happen even though he hasn't felt great this year. I want to add a lot more. One or two a month, if possible. I have found that I can add supports on the sides to cover with plastic so I can create mini greenhouses during the winter. Oh the possibilities.........the color, all the food, all the fun.

No comments: