Sunday, June 28, 2009

My Teeth

My teeth are in bad shape. Periodically, I have to gargle with a solution of water and hydrogen peroxide because of inflamed gums.
My last trip to the dentist was to see Dr. Mark Henke in Corvallis who is in the same building with Wade Haslam, an orthodontist. I asked Dr. Henke about fixing my front tooth and he said he wouldn’t. His assistant was shocked that he wouldn’t help me. Why wouldn’t he help me? We paid him hundreds of dollars in payments. I asked him to pull a tooth that gave me constant pain and headaches. I told him about the pain at each visit and finally I threatened to have my husband pull it with pliers at home so he pulled it. As he looked at the extracted tooth, he commented to the nurse, “See how it calcified.” I asked to take the tooth home. Attached to the tooth was what looked like a computer chip covered in a white substance. Dr. Henke said my tooth had a deep crack all the way through so it was no wonder that it gave me constant pain. Couldn’t he see this with the repeated x-rays of this tooth at every visit?
What was going on that I wasn’t told? I know that Oregon State University and Hewlett Packard in Corvallis are centers of nanotechnology. Was I an experiment?

No comments: