Sunday, November 10, 2013

Seattle Symphony Orchestra

I went to the symphony today to hear the story of Tristan and Isolde in three acts by Richard Wagner complete with actors telling the story in the back of the orchestra. Wagner's music is powerful, moody, and melancholy. His music isn't positive and uplifting and a jolly tune on the harpsichord. It is heavy and has influenced many artists, writers, and musicians because of the depth and passion.

The actors told the story of Tristan and Isolde, a passionate love affair that must have been scandalous at the time since even the music was objected to by the prim and proper.

I have to say that I think I like the actors in the back better rather than center stage in front.

I love going to the symphony. It is always pure joy and perfection.

I'm very tempted to sign up for the National Geographic series in the afternoons. I love National Geographic and would love to hear all about the adventures and travels in this series.

I sat in seat W 11, aisle A. I sat next to a woman who is waiting for a kidney transplant, which was sad to hear. She had her first one twenty years ago. I told her that the human body has an amazing capacity to heal itself and about my husband who was told he would need a kidney transplant and had a creatin level of over 22, had dialysis for three months, and then completely recovered with the amazing Dr. Wahba in Corvallis who took care of him.

Waiting for the bus 41 in the tunnel, I talked to a nice lady that I talked to last year about this time who went to the symphony. We again talked about loving to play mah jongg. We both think Rick Steves is terrific and love to travel.

No comments: