Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Confirmation of Sonia Sotomayor

I love watching the confirmation hearings of Sonia Sotomayor. She believes in justice. She believes in prevention and excellence in education because by the time someone enters the court system, it is often too late. I agree. She has the Obama calm. She's disciplined and brilliant. She loves the law. I respect her. What a great lady. It makes me regret not going to law school and makes me want to go to law school now. [I can't afford it.] She's inspiring.

When I homeschooled my children for four years, my son, Aaron said he wanted to be an attorney. He was 5 years old at the time. I found some law books at a garage sale and we began to debate Supreme Court law cases. I also bought a text book about debating Supreme Court law cases. My daughter, Gretchen who was around 8 at the time went on later to debate in high school and all across the country at Lewis and Clark College for their debate team. Why don't schools debate Supreme Court law cases? I see in the newspaper praise for debate about foolish topics but debating Supreme Court law cases does so much more to help the students and puts it on a whole different level of education.

No comments: