Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mike Huckabee

My husband, Leslie, watches Mike Huckabee sometimes on FOX. I walked by the TV last night when he was on. I don’t understand Mike Huckabee. I honestly can’t connect with a minister in the Baptist Church who believes that it is important to grab every penny in business at the expense of millions of people. I know that Baptists believe in Jesus. Would Jesus believe it is okay to take every penny and not care about or feel responsible for those who are less fortunate? Wouldn’t Jesus want everyone to have medical coverage? I think so.

People in business today, even ministers and those who supposedly stand for ethics and values and who go to church, think they have the right to make as much money as possible and it doesn’t matter who they walk over. Isn’t it the ethical thing to do to care about all people in the United States to give them a basic standard of care?

I couldn’t think of attending a church that didn’t care about all God’s children.

The legislature in Oregon has convened and they are proud of the accomplishment that they put taxes on business profits at 1/10th of 1% and they are getting criticized for this low tax. I don’t get it. I think businesses should have to be taxed 10% on all their profits and then have to donate another 10% to charities in Oregon. This is what I would do and recommend, if I were making the decision. Isn’t 80% profit enough? Good grief! Everyone is money grubbing and businesses don’t feel any ethical concern for people who live in Oregon. It’s hard for me to respect anyone who stands for GREED!

No comments: