Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Minnesota Senator Al Franken

It was a pleasure to watch Minnesota Senator Al Franken in action today during the confirmation hearing of Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor. Senator Franken is a strong, brilliant senator who has great courage and who asks the difficult ethical questions. I would expect nothing less. I'm so happy that Senator Franken is in the U.S. Senate and I know he will make a difference to fight for justice for all Americans, even me in Oregon and all Oregonians, for women, for minorities, and for first amendment rights.

My father was born in Minnesota--Winthrop, Minnesota. Both of his parents were born in Sweden. So many of the people in Minnesota have a Swedish heritage.

What do I have in common with Senator Al Franken and Sonia Sotomayor? We all watched Perry Mason every week. We all believe in justice and the law.

No comments: