Thursday, July 09, 2009

Games Democrats Play

I received an e-mail to have a house party in Alsea to support President Obama’s push for change for health care. I agreed. I wanted a political celebrity for the party to make sure it would be a success. I asked one but this person was busy that night. A leader in the Democratic Party in Portland tried to get a leader to come from Corvallis but Corvallis Democrats are all in meetings that night. Interesting bit of information.

I changed my mind about having a house party and decided to let someone with more resources do it. I don’t have a big house. I don’t have close friends in Alsea. I have acquaintances.

Now let’s get back to Corvallis Democrats who are too busy having meetings to support President Obama for real change in health care….It seems like there are Hillary Democrats and Obama Democrats. Hillary still seems to be running the show. Why? Do Hillary Democrats want to wait for Hillary to get into the White House before they will push for health care reform? Hillary is a little too friendly with Arab nations for my comfort zone, which means not that much change from Bush. I remember when I volunteered to help President Obama get elected. In Corvallis they had the Democratic Party Headquarters where I went to work to elect Senator Jeff Merkley. When I went to volunteer for President Obama, I went to a different location. Why? Why weren’t the mainstream Corvallis Democrats working hard for Obama? Was it because they are Hillary Democrats? Obama's name was on the script that you read over the phone,sometimes, but the main push was to elect Merkeley at Democratic Party Headquarters. Sometimes, President Obama's name wasn't on the script. I didn’t see the mainstream Democratic party volunteers at Obama headquarters any time that I volunteered. Most of the phones weren’t hooked up at Obama headquarters. Students from Oregon State University was heading the big push for Obama but not mainstream, older Corvallis Democratics who I was familiar seeing in the Benton County Democratic Party. Why? When I was volunteering for President Obama and saw a Merkley volunteer, the Merkley volunteer referred to Democratic Party Headquarters as Merkley headquarters and said I should come over and volunteer. Yes, I did because I didn't want to see Senator Smith reelected. I volunteered in both buildings.

What we have is NOW! Games have to stop. We need real change now to help those suffering and who need change. We have President Obama who is superior to other candidates who ran for President and is pushing for change. Democrats have to quit playing games, get off their duffs, and start supporting his policies. Democrats need to support President Obama--ALL Democrats and quit playing games. We have a chance for real change in health care. We can't take more greed. Either people matter or they don't and you want to protect the failed policies of the past. I think that the rich Democrats who have a hint of Republican color just don't want to see that much change. They want to see the way of life continue where you can skim off the top, inflate prices, and keep the poor from ever achieving their dreams. We have enough votes to get change in the health care system, IF Democrats start working together. THE TIME IS NOW.

No comments: