Wednesday, July 15, 2009

MRI

My husband has had a couple of MRI's. I've never had one. After I heard what it is like to experience having an MRI, I don't want one. My husband says it's like putting a tin bucket on your head and someone banging on it with a metal spoon for a prolonged time. That sounds wonderful.

A neighbor told me that MRI's aren't accurate. She said that an MRI wasn't able to show how badly damaged her shoulder was and that it wasn't until the surgeon opened up her shoulder that the extensive damage was revealed.

It sounds like the biomedical engineering students in this country need to come up with a more accurate and a much better MRI. Why isn't there a hand-held scanning devise that can instantly give a printed readout with whatever is wrong with recommendations for treatment and vitamins?

No comments: