Friday, July 07, 2006

Friday Fun

I'm off to Dallas, Oregon for the $5 Quilt Club at Grandma's Attic. www.grandmasattic.com Rachel Greco, the owner of the shop has a great club which draws women from all over central Oregon to her shop. Armed with great stories about women in Oregon history and quilting, she entertains and teaches. Next month is the start of a new quilting year at her shop. If you pay $5 for fabric and instructions to complete a quilt block and bring it back finished the next month, your next block in the series is free. This continues so that you can make a quilt top for only $5. Of course, there are tempting fabrics and quilting notions in the shop that make everyone want to spend more than $5 a year.

Then I'm off to have lunch with my daughter, Gretchen at Applebees in North Salem, next to her work at Liberty House where she's Executive Director. I love eating at Applebees--great food with lots of healthy choices. I like it that they link their menu to Weight Watchers.

After that play with Jack and Lizzy, my grandchildren, at their daycare. Then I enjoy dinner with the family, spend the night, and come back home to Alsea on Saturday.

No comments: