Thursday, July 20, 2006

So You Think You Can Dance

I love this show. I love the high energy and the talent of the young people. I love the creativity of the choreography. I love the judges, especially executive producer, Nigel Lithgoe. I love Cat Deeley.

Ten talented dancers were up tonight to dance a solo and perform routines as a couple. Mixing it up was just what was needed. My favorites again were Ivan, Donyelle, Travis, Heidi, Allison, Benji, Natalie, and Ryan. Dmetry is a favorite and a smooth classical dancer. I'm surprised that Martha chose to hide her electric smile with the huge hat. I enjoy seeing Ivan dance smooth ballroom styles. Travis is magnificient. Heidi brings her best every week and surprised me with the contempory dance. Donyelle puts everything into her dance with great intensity and passion. I agree with Nigel that Ryan will make a great contempory solo performer on stage. As the competition picks up, everyone will need to be at their best with every solo and as a partner. All of them are talented. They can't let up or relax, if they want to win.

I'm grateful for this showcase for dancing talent, and the uplifting spirit of the show, So You Think You Can Dance.

No comments: