Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Happily Ever After House

Ben's new home is close to everything he loves. I was happy to get the chance to see it last weekend. It's close to running, Green Lake, the Purple Pelican for breakfast, Wallingford for great pizza and a movie, tennis courts, golf, and it's close to the Zoo.

I named the house. I call it "the happily ever after house" because it has everything Ben loves.

A beautiful home with a tropical backyard, lush grass, and a great area to entertain. Mature trees outline the property to give shade and cool summer days at a time when global warming will become more real in the years ahead. If the potential bamboo problem is solved, the house will give many years of happy memories.

The kitchen was gutted and with the help of Lowes, a new kitchen was designed that is spectacular. I helped to paint the kitchen with American Tradition paint from Lowes, a paint that goes on like whipped cream or pudding.

It showed that I haven't exercised in over a month. I walked to Green Lake and half way around and then I had to stop or I could see myself limping the next few days.

Green Lake is a nice area. You pay to live close to the paved trail around Green Lake but it is worth having a healthy life style within walking distance.

No comments: