Friday, July 14, 2006

So You Think You Can Dance

Oh, I love this show. It's my favorite right now.

This week my favorites were Allison and Ivan, Martha and Travis, Donyelle and Benji. I thought Allison and Ivan were off the top with their contemporary routine. They were shooting stars! I loved them. I can't get over the growth in Ivan. He's only 18. He's such a gifted dancer and so is Allison. My second choice this week was Martha and Travis with the fox trot. Donyelle and Benji are great and always do well but Donyelle is dancing with an injury.

It's always great to see Cat Deeley. She's charming, a great host, and wears gorgeous dresses that are so unique. I also enjoy Nigel. Nigel makes the show. It was great to see Brian as one of the judges. Mary was so touched by Ivan's performance. She did such a great job of correographing the opening dance on the first night this week. Nigel, Mary, and Brian are a great balance.

Ashlee and Musa went home. All these young people are so talented in dance. Dance is their whole life and means everything to them. We need great entertainers in the world. I hope the world opens up to all of them with opportunities.

I'd sure love to see each large city starting their own dance competitions to encourage talent. Dancing is a great way to channel energy. It would be great to see talent encouraged more than it is now. I'm so happy to see this show, So You Think You Can Dance which encourages the spirit of dance.

1 comment:

Peter said...

Just googling SYTYCD and found your blog. You are right that this show is addictive. I especially love Benji, Heidi, Alison and Dmitri. Have to disagree with you on Cat Deeley. She is just too annoying!