Friday, July 28, 2006

So You Think You Can Dance

This is my favorite show. I tivo it to make sure I don't miss a minute. The only trick with tivoing a show like So You Think You Can Dance is that you MUST watch it within an hour or two after the live show so you can vote. I must admit that I haven't watched the Thursday show yet. I don't like to see anyone go home. I love all these young people. They are amazingly talented.

Nigel Lithgoe's excellence, class, high standards, and love of dance is infectious. I'm grateful that he created this show with Simon Fuller. I love seeing the different styles of dance. Dance celebrates the beat and essence of life. The energy on the show is electric.

My favorites this week were Allison, Ivan, Natalie, Heidi, and Benji. I'm surprised that I didn't like the others as much this week. They are all excellent dancers. And I miss Dimetry. He had such presence on stage and so much drama. I really enjoy the talent of Donyelle, Travis, and Ryan. They are ALL excellent and outstanding dancers but this week, they were not my favorites.

The talent of the correographers surprise me with original routines that amaze and delight. I love it all. It's fun. Thank you Nigel Lithgoe for bringing dance to television.

No comments: