Friday, July 14, 2006

Seattle

I'm excited to leave today to drive to Seattle to visit my son, Benjamin. He owns a home in Ballard, the Scandinavian part of Seattle. I love Ballard and would love to live there someday. Ben's getting married to the beautiful Amanda in August. Ben just bought another home in Green Lake. Green Lake will be close to running and closer to his work at Zymo Genetics.

I love the energy of Seattle. So many opportunities. So many cultural events. The Seattle Art Museum, the great new library system all over the Seattle area, the Space Needle, the science museum, broadway plays, the symphony, the Nutcracker at Christmas put on by the Northwest Ballet Company, J.A. Jance the mystery writer, Gloria Kempton of Writers Digest Magazine, the zoo, the troll under the Freemont Bridge that I'm writing a children's book about are just a few of the things I love about Seattle.

I love driving on I-5 approaching the center of Seattle. When you start to see all the tall buildings, you know life is happening all around you. There is an energy that makes me feel alive. I love visiting. I love seeing my son. I'm blessed to have a fine son, like Ben. I have fun talking to him, listening, hearing about what's important to him, playing canasta, laughing, joking around. Another trip to Seattle in August to see Ben marry Amanda and live happily ever after.

No comments: