Saturday, August 09, 2008

The Late, Late Show with Craig Ferguson

This last week was snake week on The Late, Late Show with Craig Ferguson. When my children were little, my son, Aaron, had a pet king snake. One time I found it at the bottom of my clothes hamper. We had lots of pets when my kids were young.

Two weeks ago was shark week. About three weeks ago, I read an article in the Smithsonian about sharks and how they were misunderstood. I read that they were curious and the easiest to catch. I remember when my children were at home in the mid-80's. We were living in Salem, Oregon. I was at a TAG (talented and gifted) meeting at South Salem High School. The mothers who were there were all asked to pick an animal that they wanted to be. I picked a shark to the horror of those who listened. I picked a shark because a shark doesn't get hurt and is able to protect themselves. I figured that a shark is fearless and no one bullies a shark. My answer sure didn't go over very well. I wasn't asked to explain my choice. That ended any hope of friendship right there.

I watched several shows during shark week on the Discovery Channel. It was fascinating. Did you ever consider that the big tooth grin of the Great White just might be a smiley face?

No comments: