Saturday, August 02, 2008

Mary Rosenblum

I just got back my last assignment in the mail today from the Long Ridge Writer's Group. http://www.longridgewritersgroup.com/ I've been taking the novel writing course with Mary Rosenblum. I'm so grateful for her help throughout the course. She wrote the text for the novel writing course so I couldn't have had a better instructor.

Mary Rosenblum writes science fiction and mysteries. She's an award-winning writer and this weekend is at the Willamette Writers Conference in Portland, Oregon teaching workshops. www.willamettewriters.com Inside the Willamette Writers brochure, it says: "Mary Rosenblum has published eight novels and more than 60 short stories with major magazines since 1990. She has been a Hugo finalist and a winner of the Compton Crook Award as well as short listed for a bunch of other awards. She lives and writes on country acreage where she also trains dogs for tracking and sheep herding trials. Her novel HORIZON from Tor Books and the 'drylands' collection, Water Rites from Fairwood Press, are on the shelves now." http://www.maryrosenblum.com/

I wish I could be at the Willamette Writers Conference. Maybe someday. If I work hard and get this novel finished, maybe I can next year.

I'm working on a cruise mystery. Mary suggested that I put it in the romance suspense category which sounds like fun. I love the idea of writing travel mystery/suspense novels because I love to travel. Although I can't afford to travel right now, this is one way I can travel the world and have fun sitting right here on my acreage in Alsea.

I'm very encouraged by Mary's letter that I received in the mail today. "You have a classic romantic suspense/mystery here. It really will sell....I think this would make a marvelous series." Now all I have to do is be persistent, work hard, and finish it.

I've been writing every day and reading to support my writing. I exercise by walking up the mountain road behind my house and I garden. That's my life. I can't afford to go anywhere but my life is full and I'm having fun with my writing. Now I'm working to finish this mystery/suspense novel. I couldn't have done it without Mary's help. Thanks, Mary.

No comments: