Saturday, August 09, 2008

Saving Grace

I have started to watch Saving Grace on TNT that comes on television on Monday nights at 10 p.m. It's a powerful drama that is about a detective who was sexually molested by a Catholic priest when she was nine years old. This abuse went on for a year and a half. This priest molested 27 other children.

Detective Grace played by Holly Hunter says, "Act like a tough guy? Get treated like one. I want to bust the world wide open....I want to engage with people, with lovers, and fellow cops. I want to be physical and I want to ask the big questions. I want to taste the tastes and fix the problems. I want to run head long into chaos and bad guys and darkness and pranks and fun and laugh, laugh, laugh. I want to be the best friend, the greatest aunt and the most complicated daughter. I want to be the mystery in the room and I want to be known. Embrace your grace."

I first learned about this show while watching The Late, Late Show with Craig Ferguson. Holly Hunter was on the show and they mentioned Saving Grace. After checking Craig's bio, I learned that Craig Ferguson wrote the screenplay, Saving Grace. I haven't seen it yet but I want to.

Relgion has covered up so many sins. When a young boy is molested by a priest, it is a double betrayal. If the young boy goes into the priesthood and prays on his knees for peace, and then in turn molests other little boys and girls, this tells me that it is a dark cancer that continues. It must stop because it has destroyed so many lives. In my opinion, anyone who has sexually molested a child should be given the death penalty. It should NOT be allowed to happen again.

Go to www.embraceyourgrace.com and share your stories.

No comments: