Monday, July 16, 2012

Priorities

My first priority right now is my health, which means to exercise every day, eat healthy, and to study fitness and health. This is the most important thing since I don't have a safety net. I don't have health insurance. I've been encouraged to volunteer right now but I've done enough volunteer work to last a couple of lifetimes and it was never appreciated. I must think about myself right now. No one else is going to help. I lived for six months without plumbing in my house in Alsea. I tried so hard to get someone to help and no one cared. Every fix seemed to make it worse but people were sure there to take money. Enough of Alsea. I don't care if I ever see Oregon again. There were no opportunities for me there and I'm not seeking them now. I'm starting over and I'm happy in Seattle. I love it here. I love the weather. I love living where lots of people from all over the world live in peace. I love living close to everything. I love living across from shopping. I love being able to go to the zoo and the art museum and the science center. I love it that I got to go to the symphony on an afternoon. I am healing. I am figuring out what comes next. I don't have close friends but right now I am very busy. I'm grateful to live where it is safe. It is really odd that I live in a major city and I feel safer than when I lived in Alsea or Gates or Salem, Oregon. Seattle feels safer than Corvallis. Seattle does a great job of taking care of whatever happens. I'm grateful to be here. I applaud all that goes on to keep everyone safe behind the scenes. I'm happy and I have the freedom to make choices of how to spend my time. I have been reading a lot of books the last week. I can learn from Writers Digest Tutorials. When I have been here a year, I can go to the University of Washington and take two classes a quarter free! How amazing is that! I can play mah jongg, learn about bridge, or go have coffee at Starbucks. Seattle is a great city. I love it here and I'm grateful to be starting over here. My second priority is to work on my writing every day and to read every day. I need to get projects edited and submitted. I've published lots of articles. I completed National Novel Writing Month twice and Script Frenzy once. I have finished four novel length manuscripts and two screenplays but they need more work. Maybe I should just start new. I wish I had an editor to work with but it must be perfect before you submit. A manuscript must be perfect before you submit to an agent too. I've been writing mysteries and mainstream fiction. Maybe someday I will try my hand at romance and women's fiction. I haven't been always writing every day. Last night I wrote a poem. Anyway........I need to get myself organized and schedule writing every day. I know I want to participate in National Novel Writing Month again and Script Frenzy. It's inspiring to be part of the process and fun to see what develops in your writing. I'm grateful that I have the choices to be able to do this. [There are no paragraphs and line breaks because I can't figure out how to do it with this new format.] I guess short, one subject paragraphs are best.

No comments: