Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hibernate

I think I am going to permanently go into hibernation to write and read, only coming out to exercise and go to the store for supplies. Some of my dreams are shattered. I realize that some dreams are unrealistic. I just turned 65 and I'm not skinny. No man is interested in an older woman when she is fat. Men go after younger women who look great. That's just a fact. I guess that part of my life is over so I'll live in my writing and inside my characters. I always feel better when I am cranking out writing every day. I find it difficult that people don't really talk anymore. No conversation. No way of getting to know people when they don't talk. I tried the dating websites for a couple of months but that didn't work for me and it's hard to know who is safe. How do you get to know someone like that? So I'm saying I am going to be realistic about what is possible in my life. Writing is possible. Reading is possible. Exercise is possible. Eating healthy is possible. As I look back on my life, I've never had what you would call a best friend or best friends. I was married for over 39 years and had 5 children. My kids are all independent and have busy lives of their own. My husband passed away 2 years ago. Moving forward in life may not all be what I would hope but I will concentrate on what is possible. I always seem to be looking at others living their life, looking out the window at what is going on wishing and dreaming. It is what it is.

No comments: