Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Young and the Restless

The Young and the Restless is celebrating 40 years this year. Congratulations! I've been watching it for almost this long. Soap operas fill a void for people who are lonely. The Young and the Restless is an amazing show with great characters. I like it that dialogue is "on the nose" and that people say the obvious. So often in life people don't say what they mean or make things clear. It is a never ending novel. You watch the characters go through difficult times and act in ways that you don't have the courage to act and see the reasons why those actions aren't a great choice. This show teaches and makes you feel part of a family. I love the characters on the Young and the Restless. It must be amazing and fun to be part of the team that writes for this show. Who are my favorites? That's hard but I think I love Billy and Victoria the most. I love the playfulness and the fun. Now Nikki has MS and she is marrying Victor for the upteenth time. The show will bring to light the challenges of MS and how the family will deal with it. I will continue watching. I will continue enjoying the show and all the characters. Congratulations to all of you!

No comments: