Thursday, March 14, 2013

Lunch

I had lunch yesterday with my son, Benjamin. I treasure time with Ben. I love spending time with him, learning from him, joking around, and talking to him. He's one of the best people I know. My kids are the best people I know. They are essential in my life. They are all busy and doing well. I wish I could spend more time with them. I always wish I could spend more time with them and my grandchildren. It is what it is. I'm grateful for the times I get to spend with them.

Ben is amazing. He works at Dendreon, a biotech in the tall building above the Seattle Art Museum. He's always working on important research to help people. He's brilliant and he's great at everything. He's an elite distance runner and will soon take on the Columbia Tower again and the Seattle Rock N Roll Marathon. I always called him my Golden Boy and he is Golden. He graduated from Northwestern University with a degree in biomedical engineering and he started the running club there. Ben is truly a good person. I'm always proud of him.
I rode on bus 41, the BEST bus ever! It took 15 minutes to go from my stop to downtown in the tunnel. How amazing is that! I love Seattle. It's so much fun around every corner. It has everything anyone could want. It has Broadway plays, the greatest symphony, the art museum, Dale Chihuly, the BEST library ever, a great zoo, the science center, Pike Place Market, the Aquarium, smart people, people of every variety, color, opinion, and flavor living together in peace. It's a great place.

No comments: