Friday, March 29, 2013

Zillow

I am looking for a 1 bedroom, 1 bath apartment that is $750 to $850 a month. My lease is up in November and I want to move where it would be easier financially. I like my location because I am close to everything. My apartment is $1150 for a 2 bedroom with 950 square feet. I don't need a second bedroom. I'm not using it as an office now. I am only using it to store stuff. I need to get rid of more stuff. Then squeezing into a smaller space would be easier.

Zillow is a great app on my phone to look at what is possible. I'm really impressed with Zillow. You can put in the perimeters of what you are looking for and then you look at the map to see what is available. It gives all the information you need to make a decision. There are photos, square footage, details about the apartment or home, etc. You can have fun looking all over the country to see what is possible in each state and in each large city or small town.

I found an amazing opportunity. There was a house for $650 a month in North Seattle. A big house. The catch was you had to put down several thousand to secure the spot. It would have been great if I could stay there for 20 years and if I wasn't locked into a lease.

I am looking for a place where I can stay long term. Rent or a mortgage is supposed to be 1/4 your income. Most people don't follow this and even $850 isn't going to make this happen for me but it would be easier. I don't want to have to move all the time. I want to stay in one place where I can walk to the bus, shopping, and everything I need. I don't want to have to use my car unless I want to use it. It would be nice to walk to work at a part-time job. Walkability is important where I live. I need sidewalks and I need to be close to everything.

No comments: