Saturday, August 17, 2013

A Joann TV Show

I always wake up with ideas. This morning I woke up thinking about my supervisor's purse.

I worked last night at Joann Fabrics from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. I was tired. I had a big day. I finished my creativity coach assignment and got it e-mailed off. I heard from a writer who had critiqued my last mystery novel. She said with more revision, it could turn into a marketable series and she suggested a publisher. I was also busy with the never ending chores of life--taking out the garbage, dishes, yada, yada, yada......

Back to the purse. At the end of the shift, we are supposed to open our bags and purses to the supervisor on duty to check before clocking out as we walk out the door. When the supervisor showed her purse to be checked. I was struck how beautiful it was and I said so. She opened it and it showed endless pockets with great organization. I didn't understand that she said it was chaotic. It didn't make any sense. I'm not someone who wants to argue with anyone so I was quiet plus I was tired. I just let it pass. I have a feeling that she is the most organized person on the planet or one of them after looking at her purse. She could give lessons. I know she really knows how to sew and would be perfect to teach all the classes in the Joann classroom but she can't because she is a supervisor.

This morning I woke up thinking about her purse because I had wanted to know if there were more layers of pockets. It looked like the most organized purse I had ever seen. I think it was handmade. I wonder if she designed it. I wonder if she made it. The fabric choice was beautiful so bright and colorful. Now I want to really see, to investigate because it is a beautiful purse and one I have never seen. It is the dream of every woman to have an organized purse.

So on to another idea that came right after thinking about her purse. I love to travel. I miss traveling so added on to my last post about wanting to create a blog about Joann store #805, I was thinking there needs to be a television show--The Joann Show. It could show all the amazing projects that is possible at Joann Fabrics. It would showcase all the talent of the team members and the customers. Of course, I was thinking I would be the person who travels all across the country to each Joann Store with a camera crew or I could do it myself since I have taken video editing at CCTV but I would need to update my skills since that was in 1999 when I went through the master gardening course and made a master gardening video.

Okay back to the Joann TV show and me traveling across the country............doesn't this just sound like fun and an exciting kind of job. What would happen is that I would travel around videoing and interviewing people at each store and then come back to create the TV show. Then I would have to go out and do more shows. It would be endless and it would be pure fun.

All this would need major permission from Joann Fabrics. People love to be recognized for their talent and ability. This show would do it.

Usually when I have ideas, all I can do is write about it. I guess that is why I started writing novels.

So this is the first idea this morning...........now I need to eat breakfast and get to work.

No comments: