Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Volcom Fiji Pro 2013

I haven't been able to watch pro surfing in years. I used to watch in Oregon on television. I can't get it here in Seattle and now that I turned off television, I really can't get it.

But this afternoon at Joann Fabrics, a young man came in the store looking at the fleece on sale thinking that it would make a good surf board cover since it was on sale for 70% off. I asked him if he really surfs in this area thinking that the ocean must be really cold and not as inviting as other parts of the world. He said sure. I told him that I used to watch pro surfing. He was surprised I watched it on TV and said he watches it on the Internet, which made me want to turn to Google to find what is going on with John John and Kelly Slater.

Sure enough after searching on Google, I found the Volcom Fiji Pro 2013 on YouTube. You probably wonder why an old, fat lady loves to watch pro surfing, especially since I have never in my life once surfed or even tried. While, in my heart, I'm not an old fat lady. I'm the young slim, not so bad-looking girl that I was in high school and college. I don't feel old and I'm working on not being fat.

It sure is fun to see John John Florence surf the long barrel waves and see Kelly Slater win yet another title. Cool!

If I could surf like that, I would never want to leave the water. I'd keep wanting to go out for another wave and another and another and another.................

I work with this really neat lady who lives the good life and gets to travel to Hawaii at least a couple of times every year selling things she makes. What a dream life! I need to learn how. If I could just pay for the plane fare, a place to stay, food, and the materials to make the golden item that sells, it would be perfect. If I ever got to do it, surfing would take center stage in a novel I write. I love Hawaii. I'm a Pisces. I love the water. I love palm trees. I love the easy-going life style in Hawaii.

No comments: