Saturday, August 24, 2013

Born Again

I was asked today if I was a born again Christian.

I grew up in the Lutheran church going to church every Sunday. My mom played the organ. My friends were Lutheran. I went to Luther League.

Now after multiple disappointing experiences where people in various churches didn't live up to their words and the words of their faith, this is my answer.

I believe that God made everyone on earth. It's not my place to judge or say my star is better than your star. He made atheists, people from other religions, people who are homosexual, people very different from me in other parts of the world. It is my place in the world to be nice, to be kind, to help when I am able, not to judge, not to stifle someone else's dream but to uplift, encourage, and inspire.

I guess now I believe in Zumba because in Zumba everyone is welcome. There is no talking. You are part of the group. It is a healthy choice because you are encouraged to exercise and eat healthy. Zumba unites the world.

No comments: