Thursday, December 06, 2012

Body Pump with Kristen

I just got back from Body Pump at 24 Hour Fitness in Northgate Seattle. Kristen was the instructor. She's great! She has so much personality and makes it fun. I wish she taught more often. She's also an an amazing Zumba instructor. I like her for both.

Body Pump is a strength training class which is essential for me to do since I want to lose weight and get toned.

I read an online article this morning about the importance of strength training. It said that strength training will

  • make your metabolism soar
  • burn fat
  • your body will get tighter
  • you will fit into skinny jeans
  • reduce risks of heart disease and diabetes
  • blood pressure could drop
  • blast loads of calories
  • you can do it anytime, anywhere
  • good for your bones
Okay, so the part about doing it anytime, anywhere....I just want to say that it is much more fun to do it in a Body Pump class at 24 Hour Fitness with Kristen with loud music in a room crowded with strong women and men who believe in health and fitness.

No comments: