Monday, December 10, 2012

Legalized Marijuana

I've never tried marijuana, and I don't intend to now, but I did vote to legalize marijuana.  One of my sons had a friend in high school who was a brilliant straight A student and very popular. In his first year of college, he tried marijuana that was laced with something really bad that changed his life forever. He's not the same person anymore. A future of a brilliant young person was lost. So I voted to legalize marijuana. It is better that Washington get the tax benefits to use for something good.

I've never really been in favor of marijuana because I've seen statistics that say that kids who use and are part of the culture that use tend to go on to use other drugs. I am against using drugs. I guess I am still on the fence because of this but I did vote for it. Life is a journey trying to figure out what is best at the time.

No comments: