Monday, December 31, 2012

Seattle Metro and Sound Transit

I moved to Seattle a year ago and I can't get over how wonderful Seattle Metro is. I marvel at the great service.

Today I came home from a week's vacation in Ohio to visit my youngest son for the holidays. I left on the 23rd and came home today. I rode bus 41, which is an express bus that comes 4 times every hour! After going to the Northgate Transit Station, it goes right on I-5 and into the tunnel under Seattle. It's amazing service for everyone who uses this bus. So on the 23rd, I had my suitcase with me and I rode the bus. It cost me $2.50 to get downtown. Then I boarded Sound Transit at the University Station underground. I had called Seattle Metro days before to plan all this and so I would know what to do. Every time I call, I get courteous and helpful service. I boarded Sound Transit a few minutes after I arrived in the tunnel. I had never done this before. It was so easy. There were Transit Security people to ask questions who are always courteous, professional, and nice. I can't get over how great Seattle is! So I ride the train, which is wonderful to SeaTac. I get off, with no problems at all. I follow the rest of the people with suitcases and follow the signs to the airport. It is a short walk around the parking garage. It's easy to follow. It's under cover so no one gets wet in winter. It was less than $3 to ride the train. So for less than $5, I went to SeaTac from my apartment. I didn't have to ask anyone to help me. I didn't have to pay taxi fare. I did it on my own. It was easy. Seattle Metro and Sound Transit makes it easy. It is well planned and efficient.

I got up this morning very early and my son took me to the airport around 5 a.m. so I would be there early. I flew from Port Columbus to Las Vegas with enough time to get on the plane to Seattle. When I arrived, I got my baggage with the help of a courteous and helpful employee of SeaTac who also gave me directions to get to Sound Transit. Everyone is so nice in Seattle. I'm grateful to live here. I easily followed the covered walking path around the parking garage to the Sound Transit train. It was parked and waiting. I boarded the train and got off in the tunnel in downtown Seattle and caught bus 41. Easy as pie! The bus drivers were so nice and courteous. They are always nice and I always thank them.

I am so lucky to live in Seattle!

No comments: