Thursday, December 06, 2012

Dale Chihuly


I love the glass art of Dale Chihuly. He's a genius and goes out of all boundaries of what had been done before with glass. His sea and garden scapes are extraordinary and full of wonder. I get lost in looking at them. I saw his exhibit when it was in Columbus, Ohio. I've seen him on television. I need to visit his new 45,000 square foot museum at the foot of the Space Needle here in Seattle. I know it is glorious.

I took the photo above of his chandelier in Benaroya Hall. I wonder what a photo would look like if I was on the floor looking up. I didn't have the courage to lay down on the floor and take a photo at the time but I was thinking about and wondering what the photo would look like if I did.

I see that at his Tacoma Museum of Glass that there are lessons that you can take. I'd like to take a class on making glass beads and I would like to learn to string them like you string pearls with knots in between each bead. I wonder if you can take classes at his new museum in Seattle.

No comments: