Friday, November 02, 2012

Arabella Steinbacher

I had the rare privilege of being at Benaroya Hall to hear Arabella Steinbacher play Tchaikovsky's violin concerto in D major on her Stradivari with the Seattle Symphony Orchestra. I was in awe. Tears came down my cheeks when I saw her bow dance on the strings and the passion that flows as her body becomes one with the violin. I love excellence and perfection.

I didn't read about Arabella until the intermission when she was finished. I figured she practices 15 hours a day and has done this for years and years and years or she was one of those rare souls born in this world who are pure genius. She started playing the violin at age 3. She was born to play the violin. The world should give her everything she wants in order to just hear her play. Her home is in Munich, Germany.

I saw her leave at the side where I was sitting during the intermission. I wanted to go over to her and tell her how much I admire her but words could never be good enough. I wish I were her friend. I wish I had asked to take a picture with her.

I love to go to the symphony. I bought a package of four tickets to go to the symphony on Friday afternoons at noon. Then I can ride the bus during day light hours and I get to hear the Seattle Symphony Orchestra play the language of the heart. Glorious!

No comments: