Thursday, June 13, 2013

Ayn Rand

Ayn Rand is one of my favorite writers. I like the way she writes and I love it that she stands for excellence, the gifted and talented adult, and working hard. I disagree with her in philosophy that the wealthy should be able to keep all their pennies and not feel social or environmental responsibility. I have read and reread The Anthem, The Fountainhead, and Atlas Shrugged. I really enjoy Atlas Shrugged because I love trains too. She's a great writer and was a brilliant woman.

I read all over the place--classics, history, genre fiction, literary. I love great writing first of all and I am attracted to social commentary. I love mysteries--Patterson, Jance, Grafton. My favorite writer is Carlos Ruiz Zafon. I love to read Garrison Keillor. In college I loved to read Aleksandr Solzhenitsen, Fyodor Dosoyevsky, Victor Frankl, and John Steinbeck. I love Amy Tan, Dan Brown, and I read James Patterson, especially when I am writing a mystery so that my pacing picks up and my writing is clear.

Through the years, I have most often read nonfiction--history, gardening, health, nutrition, self-help books. In college I was pouring over books by Fritz Perls and Virginia Satir and Bruno Bettelheim.

Books are important to me and I love to read.

No comments: