Tuesday, June 11, 2013

WDOT

Yesterday morning when I was on my way to the Zumba class at 24 Hour Fitness Northgate, I saw two WDOT men standing on the corner. I asked them about the light for pedestrians and said that it doesn't go on automatically even though it is such a busy intersection. Then I was off and went across the street.

Then when I walked across the street for the Zumba class last night at 24 Hour Fitness Northgate, I was waiting to cross the street with a man who was talking about the need for a pedestrian bridge across Northgate way to get to the restaurant. I told him that was a great idea. I wish I could have talked to him about it more. I wonder if he is an engineer and is working on the project.

WDOT really needs to look at the corner of 5th and the street behind Target, one block north of Northgate Way. I have been nearly run over twice and I have seen other people almost get hit several times. Cars don't want to stop. They have tunnel vision and want to get where they want to go and don't bother to look to see if someone is crossing the street. It's a dangerous corner. There are lots of wheelchairs and people with canes and walkers who cross this intersection so there needs to be a solution.

No comments: