Friday, June 07, 2013

Creativity Coach

I have started training online to become a Creativity Coach with Eric Maisel.
www.ericmaisel.com

I am just beginning and everyone in the class is encouraged to take on 2 to 4 free clients during this training to help them work towards a creative goal and to help them understand the process needed to achieve it. I have received free creative coaching in the past through Dr. Maisel's coaches so even though I am new to all this, I understand the process from both ends.

So I am looking for 2 to 4 people to help in the creative process to achieve a goal. The process is done through e-mail, not phone or in person.

I love to encourage people to be the best they can be so I thought this would be a good fit for me.

I am mainly taking the training to help myself achieve greater goals in my own writing process. Since I have signed up for this training, I have already put myself on a revision schedule for my last novel that I finished and the training doesn't start until June 10th. I need to read the book too and other books by Dr. Maisel. My youngest son has been encouraging me to finish my writing. I thought that taking this training would help in the process.

I was also thinking that if I am successful as a Creativity Coach, it could help me achieve another one of my goals to work on my MFA in creative writing at the U.W. Bothell. And if I can earn my MFA in creative writing at the U.W. and teach at a college or university, my training as a creativity coach would be a natural fit as an instructor. It all works together.

Or if I am successful at revising all my novels and find a publisher or an editor or an agent who wants them, then I guess I will be way too busy finishing a novel every six months to go back to school. Who knows what will happen or how it is all going to turn out but I am excited about the possibilities.

No comments: