Friday, June 21, 2013

Zumba

I just got back from Zumba at 24 Hour Fitness Northgate Seattle. I took a class with Daniel who is truly a gifted dancer. The room was packed. It was a celebration. Zumba is always a celebration in Daniel's class because he brings fun and joy to everyone but today was Daniel's birthday so it was extra special. Vimala who always stands in the front row in Zumba passed around a card for everyone to sign for Daniel.

If I were to pick one word that describes Zumba, I would have to say it is tribal. It is everyone in unison dancing to the beat, being happy, moving. I love Zumba. I find that I need Zumba, just as I need to eat healthy and drink water. Zumba makes me happy.

I'm excited to learn more about Zumba and take the Zumba Basic 1 instructor training on the 29th. I want to teach Zumba Gold someday. I want to learn the formula to choreograph songs because I want to use reggae and a slower beat music from the Caribbean. I'm excited to learn how it all works. Or maybe I google or YouTube reggae Zumba choreography that has already been done. Easier. I love Zumba and happy to have Zumba in my life.

No comments: