Thursday, May 30, 2013

Afghan massacre

In the Seattle Times this morning, it says that Staff Sgt. Robert "Bales to plead guilty in Afghan massacre." We shouldn't be at war in the first place. We shouldn't be sticking our nose into every one's business. We shouldn't be going around the world destroying and causing trouble.

There are millions of little boys in this country who to grow up loving to play war and play with guns. They come from families who love the military and everything that it stands for. They are expected to be part of it all. They are taught to kill in the military. They are taught to hate the enemy. They are taught to obey and follow orders.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Robert Bales comes from a nice family and isn't someone who uses drugs or is a criminal. He probably did what he was taught and encouraged to do. I don't agree with these values. I think that the military needs to change and families across the country need to quit sacrificing their children to war.

I understand. My father was State Commander of the VFW in Montana, a 32nd degree Mason, a Shiner, and more. Once in awhile I give a few dollars to the VFW and to the disabled veterans in memory of my father. But I think there is a better way to live. It's not okay for good young men to come back with Post Traumatic Stress and limbs amputated, put back on, and then sent back into war. This isn't okay.

Yes, you have to stand up against things that are wrong. You use words. You use the law.

I don't like conflict. I don't like anything to do with war. I don't think we should be going all over the world causing trouble. It isn't okay to kill and massacre innocent civilians who aren't coming at you with machine guns trying to kill you. It isn't okay to kill anyone. It isn't okay to destroy anything. It isn't okay to hate anyone.

This is why I appreciate the Scandinavian countries that stay out of all this nonsense.

We should all realize that we should live in peace and get along. That is why I love Seattle. It's a great example of how the world should live.

In my apartment building, there are people who come from all over the world. One family just got back from a vacation in Afghanistan to visit friends and relatives. They are a nice family. I think it is refreshing that everyone can work, live in the same building, and get along.

I applaud Seattle and the people who live here for being a great example of what the world should be.

No comments: