Monday, May 06, 2013

This morning....

So I woke up this morning early at 4:30 a.m. and all I could think about was something that I should have done yesterday but didn't. Nothing I can do about it now but it is bothering me so maybe if I blog about it, I can move on. I think part of the reason why I am fat is because I am clogged with words, art, music, etc. My new definition of obesity! Clogged with words, I say!

Okay, so after talking with my sister in Georgetown, Texas for over an hour on the phone, I looked at the clock and it was around 8 p.m. Not too late to go to Target and buy Greek yogurt that I needed and Diet Coke that I just HAD to have, especially if I drove so I did. When I got to the check stand, there was a nice young family ahead of me. They obviously were many times more affluent than I. The man brought his wrong Target card and he wanted the 5% off of his purchase of over $300. They didn't live close. I came so close to just letting them use my card. My dead husband would have yelled at me for days if I had but it was the right thing to do and I didn't. I was wrong. I guess I was expecting the clerk who waited on them to call a manager on duty to make it right and to give these people the 5% discount since they had an old card and they had good credit cards. The man had picked up the wrong Target card. I could have fixed it but I chose to stay safe and I watched when I could have helped everyone.

No comments: