Sunday, May 05, 2013

Beethoven's Fifth -- Seattle Symphony

My last afternoon ticket for the season was this afternoon for Beethoven's Fifth -- Beyond the Score Series. Every time I go, it seems like it just keeps getting better and better and I don't know how that is possible since it is always perfection. It was glorious and pure genius.

During the first part was a narration about the history of Beethoven's Fifth. The actors were amazing, bold, caught up in their character, and lived the part. Obviously, they are on stage often and could be in the movies. I loved the period costumes. As I look in the program, I see that Cathan Bordyn is "a local and film actor with over 40 roles spanning his career." Well, no wonder! And David Pichette "has been a fixture in the Seattle Theater scene for 30 years." They were all serious actors and you could tell. I hadn't read this part until I got home. They made it special for everyone in Benaroya Hall.

Christian Knapp was the conductor. He was glorious and seemed to be all arms. He was light on his feet moving this way and that. You could tell that he loves to be a conductor and he loves Beethoven's Fifth.

Tears rolled down my cheeks during parts near the end that was just pure perfection. I loved every part. Heaven is listening to the Seattle Symphony. I'm grateful that I get to attend once in awhile. It must be glorious fun to be able to go to every performance several times a week. I can afford to do the afternoons once in awhile. I am usually in row W and today I was in seat 11, isle A, orchestra left. End of the season for me. I had a great time.

I wondered today if the gift shop sells cards of the members of the orchestra. I wonder if in the packs of cards there are the conductors, instruments, composers, symphonies, and all the members of the orchestra with information on the back. I need to look and see. That would be fun to buy and collect. I also need to buy a CD once in awhile.

I see that Tchaikovsky and Shostakovich is coming up this month. Tempted to buy a ticket but I can't afford to do all I want to do in life.

No comments: