Sunday, May 26, 2013

Fish Stew

I love fish and I love soup. A cool day in Seattle was the inspiration to try it. In the freezer, I have some pieces of frozen cod that I bought at Cash and Carry so I decided to make a fish stew. I took the piece of cod, which must be 16 ounces and put it in a frying pan with olive oil to cook slowly. In a large soup pot, I cut up onion, celery, cut up small potatoes, garlic, bell pepper, a can of black beans rinsed, a can of corn rinsed, a can of diced tomatoes, and spices. For spices, I gave a large shake of coarsely ground black pepper, basil and thyme. No salt! I also added turmeric and cumin because it's good for me. Then I dumped in a 49 ounce can of chicken broth and a quick swipe of more olive oil for added goodness. I heated it to boiling and then turned it down to simmer. When the fish was cooked, I added the cod. When the potatoes were tender, it was done.

This is really good. I had it for a couple of days and really enjoyed it so much that I went out to buy more chicken broth so I can make it again today.

No comments: