Tuesday, May 28, 2013

UW Certificate in Screenwriting

I'm so excited. I feel like my life is coming together and I'm really happy about the direction. I know that writing, exercise, and health are central to my life and what I want for my future.

I just signed up for the free fall preview class for the University of Washington Certificate in Screenwriting. I've written two screenplays. I took a class in screenwriting in Corvallis, Oregon. I've also taken two different classes on screenwriting by Michael Hauge and Christopher Vogler. I was also part of a screenwriting group in Eugene for a short time. I also took a screenwriting class in Eugene. I also went to a Willamette Writers monthly meeting in Eugene to hear Cynthia Whitcomb speak who is President of Willamette Writers and writes screenplays.

Yes, I want to write screenplays. I have several books on writing screenplays--actually one whole shelf. I'm excited at the thought of writing screenplays. I want to write first draft very visual novels and then turn them into screenplays. When I was in elementary school, I wrote television screenplays or at least attempted it.

Oh, I am jumping up and down in my heart and am so happy just at the thought. I sure hope this works. I sure hope. I sure hope. I love screenplays. I love movies. Movies inspire and give hope or they can take you down a dark path and scare the hell out of you. They make people want to rise up and be better. They help you escape from a world that isn't all that perfect for the couple of hours as you sit there munching popcorn and drinking diet coke.

I'm going to be excited to attend this free preview. The University of Washington is one of the finest universities in the country. I really want to be part of it. I want to belong and learn. I want to ride the bus and be a student.

No comments: