Thursday, May 02, 2013

Waking up thinking about.....................

This morning I was thinking about working at Joann Fabrics. I worked last night from 5:30 to 9:15. I asked the manager on duty what she wanted me to work on and she said to work on the red sale fabric area so I finished squishing it over to help the person in charge of fabrics. Then I asked the supervisor if she wanted me to start moving all the flat folds into the red sale fabric area because she had mentioned the day before that it needed to be done. I finished it and it looked good.

So what do I wake up thinking about? I wish I had asked the supervisor if I could start moving the utility fabrics over and everything over until the fabric at the top could be brought down. She had mentioned that it needed to be done. I wish I had asked what was on top...calico or flannel? I wish I had started on it because it needed to be done. I was also thinking about this morning that I want to go in and check on the novelty fabric section again to make sure it isn't messed up.

Silly since I only worked 11 hours this week and I only work 3 hours next week. I like to work and earn money. I guess I need to look for work where I can earn more money and work more. There are six people who work full time and the rest of the 26 employees work part time. Everyone wants and needs work so I am grateful for the hours and a part time job. When the remodel is finished, there will be more work and more hours given to everyone.

I love working at Joann Fabrics because I love everything they sell. I love to knit, crochet, quilt, sew, and on and on and on. On Tuesday they started promoting sign ups for mailers. When I worked in Oregon about five years ago before my husband got really sick, I got lots of signups. On Tuesday I got 13 new signups when I worked from 2:30 to 6:30. Yesterday I only got 2 because I could see I should tone it down because the people I work with didn't seem happy with me.

I like to work hard and I like to earn money. I want to be needed and wanted and valued.

Since I am thinking about it, I would like to have a job where I go to meetings, travel, work on meaningful projects, make contributions to help, and earn money so I can afford to go on amazing vacations and travel the world. That would be nice.

So I have until Monday to think about what I will do with my time. I will plan a schedule to go to the gym, plan going to the art museum, zoo, or somewhere. Maybe I should go to the aquarium. I love exploring Pike Place Market. I never see the same stores twice except those at the beginning. I can't get over how big it is and I search for one store and I end up finding others in the maze of shops. It's fun.

I will also read books. Right now I am reading The Corrections by Franzen, next I will reread The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson, and The Year of the Flood by Margaret Atwood for the bookclub at the library. I love to read books.

I have endless chores that never stop. I have this big list of stuff that needs to be done and I keep making lists every day when I plan my day and work on it until things get crossed off. I have to finish going through all my stuff and get rid of more to give to Goodwill since I need to move to an apartment that is around $800 a month. I found a wonderful apartment on Zillow that is 1050 square feet for $825 a month. My lease isn't up until November though. I know I will find an amazing apartment in the price range I can afford.

What I really need to do is work on my writing. I have four finished mystery novels, one finished juvenile novel and two finished screenplays. I need to work on each one, one at a time, and work on revisions and get them out there. I need an agent and editor who will say they are interested and give me revision instructions and then I would get to work merrily because I know it is not wasted revisions that will have to be changed in a different direction for someone else. I am also working on a writing course with Long Ridge Writers Group through the mail and I need to finish an assignment.

I love my life and I love living in Seattle, the greatest of all cities in the world.

No comments: