Friday, May 03, 2013

Cash and Carry

I have discovered a new grocery store where I love to shop. It's Cash and Carry, "where restaurants buy better." It's like Costco without the yearly fee, and without the gifts and clothing. Ninety percent of the shoppers own restaurants. Great prices and fresh produce keep me coming back. I really enjoy getting the package of romaine hearts, English cucumbers, tomatoes, shredded carrots, bell peppers, and salad dressing for a large salad every day. What I am surprised about is that the produce is not only cheaper but is fresher than if I buy any where else. Every time I walk down a new isle that I haven't discovered, I find more neat stuff and bargains. It's close to my apartment and I save money. I bought a whole box of tomatoes and made fresh pasta sauce. I baked the cut up tomatoes with handfuls of garlic cloves, cut up onions, bell peppers, black olives, and lots of basil and olive oil. Then I blend it in my food processor. Delicious and so good for you. I find great buys on pasta, beans, brown rice, and everything. I love to cook but I don't have anyone to cook for so I freeze it. I would bake homemade bread but I sure don't need to be eating it. I miss making pies and cakes but I don't need to be eating that either. I eat enough as it is.

I shop at the one at 13102 Stone Avenue North which is behind Staples on Aurora in North Seattle. The phone number is 206-364-1737.

No comments: