Friday, May 17, 2013

Zumba Fitness

I signed up for Zumba Basic this afternoon. It may sound goofy for someone my age and my weight to sign up for Zumba training but I am really excited about it. In the last two days, I've taken three Zumba classes. Yesterday morning I took a weights class called Body Pump at 24 Hour Fitness Northgate Seattle. Then last night at 7:30, I took a Zumba class taught by Daniel. This morning I was a little unsure whether I could take another class but I did. I took another Zumba class by Daniel and then I took the Aqua Zumba class by Niel. I felt better after I got home then when I started out this morning. I love Zumba.

Guess what I had for breakfast this morning?  A can of sardines!

I figure even if I never make any money as an instructor, it is a positive move to learn more about Zumba. I'll get better at Zumba. My goal is to take the Zumba Gold certification which is to teach seniors and an older population. There is not all the jumping and high intensity moves. It's a more watered down version but it still is fun with all the great music and dancing.

I hope it works out. Actually since Zumba is international dance, I could go anywhere to teach, which opens up my world more. I'm excited about this decision.

I must practice until every song is automatic with the chorography. I know it will take time but I'm really happy about my decision. It is going to be pure fun to learn more about Zumba and to take the class.

I want to take certification in Zumba Gold, Zumba Gold Toning, and Zumba Toning. The certification is good for a year and then you must renew and take the class again, which is always good. I love to learn. I love to dance and I love the Zumba music.

No comments: