Monday, May 06, 2013

Zumba with Niel Smith

This morning at 9:30 a.m. I was at 24 Hour Fitness Northgate to take a Zumba class by Niel Smith, my favorite instructor. I was so happy to see him walk in the door since I haven't seen him in awhile. I love Niel. I'm so grateful for all the fun in his class. He's such an amazing and gifted dancer and choreographer. It is a great gift to be in his class to learn from him and to have fun. This is the most fun that I have in a week when I get to take a class by Niel. You get to move, dance, and the music is great. You live in the moment. Nothing else exists. Pure fun. Everyone in the room dancing together and having a great time. What could be better?

I wish I didn't have to work this evening so I could go to Zumba again.

Niel needs to be cloned so he could always teach at least a couple of Zumba classes every day at 24 Hour Fitness Northgate. Then I would always be happy, fit, and all would be well in the world.

I downloaded the Zumba Fitness app on my android cell phone but I am having problems checking in when I take a class. Each time that you take a Zumba class and check in on this app, you are donating your calories lost in class to give to the great calorie drive to eliminate world hunger. Too many people in the world are hungry and everyone needs to do what they can to help. "Let's give the world a reason to dance," says Zumba Fitness because each calorie burned in a Zumba class is a calorie worth of food and is donated to a person who is hungry. 870 million people in the world do not get enough to eat. It is my understanding that the average amount of calories burned in a Zumba class is 750 calories. More if you end up with dripping wet hair, a wet shirt, and sweat drips on the floor. Pure fun in a Zumba class. I know of nothing better. I love Zumba. I'm happy to help in this project.

No comments: